Recently I read a interesting paper of Buy topamax without prescription, Daniel D. Suthers about the concept of "Intersubjective Meaning Making" as a central concept of an integrative research agenda for CSCL. I pick-up here the intersting epistemological review he makes, topamax without rx.
The main question Suthers ask is : "what central question can integrate our work into a coherent field?". Topamax online stores, Hence the aim of the paper is to ask this question by
[proposing] the study of technology affordances for intersubjective meaning-making as an integrating research agenda for CSCL. A brief survey of epistemologies of collaborative learning and forms of computer support forthat learning characterize the field to be integrated and motivate the proposal, buy topamax without prescription. A hybrid of experimental, descriptive and design methodologies is proposed in support of this agenda, buy generic topamax online. A working definition of intersubjective meaning-making as jointcomposition of interpretations of a dynamically evolving context is provided, Order topamax overnight delivery, and used to propose a framework around which dialogue between analytic approaches can take place.
The author starts with a CSCL definition of Koschmann (2002) as "a field centrally concerned with meaning and practices of meaning-making in the context of joint activity and the ways in which these practices are mediated through designed artifacts". For Suthers Collaborative learning is considered as "meaning-making, approaches to mediation through designed artifacts, real topamax without prescription, and methodologies for the study of these two facets of CSCL"
To give a simplified epistimological overview of what we mean by collaborative learning, Topamax alternative, Suthers highlights a main distiction and adopt a "between extremes" approach :
Broadly speaking, there are two kinds of accounts. In individual epistemologies, order topamax, the individual is the learning agent, Topamax pill, who may benefit from the collaborative situation. Buy topamax without prescription, In intersubjective epistemologies, the group is the learning agent, within which individual participation may change. Between these extremes, one can postulate that learning is a group activity that results in individual changes, topamax malaysia, which we also call â€œlearning.â€
Beginning with a constructivist epistemologie (Piaget, Generic topamax, 1976), Suthers soustain the idea that "learning can only happen through the learner's efforts at meaning making (making sense of the world)". by extension, topamax in australia, CSCL researchers prefer to speak about "collaborative knowledge construction" (Stahl, Topamax free sample, 2000).
in the individual espistemologie of collaborative learning, "collaboration provides the conditions and support for learning, topamax non prescription, but is not intrinsic to the learning itself". Topamax online sale, in a Knowledge-communication epistemology (Wenger, 1987), Knowledge is considered as "the ability to cause and/orsupport the acquisition of oneâ€™s knowledge by someone else, topamax prices, via a restricted set of communication operations" (Wenger, Online topamax, 1987, p. 7), buy topamax without prescription. Under this epistemology, buy topamax on line, researchers try to ensure of a certain facilitation of the communications that "cause and or support" the desired acquisition of knowledge. Find topamax on internet, Some aspect of this epistemology is based on the "common ground" notion of Clark. the accent is but on group interaction rather than a "undirectional transfer of information between individuals". The critic raised by Suthers to this field is that "(...) in focusing on the sharing of information (presumably that was formerly held by a subset of the participants), discount topamax without prescription, it does not explain how knowledge that did not predate the communication is jointly constructed within the communication process."
Finally, Cheap topamax pill, the intersubjective learning epistemology goes further by, first saying that "interpretations can be jointly created through interaction in addition to being formed by individuals before they are offered to the group. Buy topamax without prescription, Cognitive activities underlying learning can be distributed across individuals and information artifacts through and with which they interact (Hollan, Hutchins & Kirsch, 2002). In the most extreme version of this epistemology, free topamax, learning is not only accomplished through the interactions of the participants, Cheap topamax tablet, but also consists of those interactions (Koschmann et al., 2005)."; second, we must take intersubjectivity in a participatory sense (i.e, topamax price. a simultaneous process of mutual constitution that may inolve desagreement or agreement about shared information (Matusov, Cheap topamax without prescription, 1996)).
An intersubjective epistemology is distinguished from common ground by assuming a participatory process within which beliefs are enacted (and in this sense are shared from the outset) without necessarily being mutually accepted.
Another important notion in CSCL is Knowledge building (not to be confused with knowledge construction previousely cited), topamax pills. "The essential difference between knowledge building and other forms of learning is that members of a knowledge building community expand the boundaries of their knowledge through their own collective agency by periodically reflecting on the limits of their understanding and choosing actions that address these limitations.", buy topamax without prescription.
to sum up, Where to buy topamax, Suthers adds:
knowledge construction recognizes that individuals create meaning for themselves rather than just receiving it preformed from others; collaborative knowledge construction more specifically locates this meaning-making in a groupcontext; intersubjective learning further specifies that the process of meaning-making is itself constituted of social interactions; and knowledge building requires that this group-based meaningmaking is being done intentionally.
- Hollan, J., order discount topamax online, Hutchins, Buy no rx topamax, E., & Kirsh, D, buy topamax lowest price. (2002). Topamax side effects, Distributed Cognition: Toward a New Foundation for Human-Computer Interaction Research. Buy topamax without prescription, In J. M. Carroll (Ed.), topamax bangkok, Human-Computer Interaction in the New Millennium. Topamax pharmacy online, (pp. 75-94). New York: ACM Press Addison Wesley, buy topamax without prescription. (Reprinted from ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, buy topamax online, 7(2), Cheap topamax no rx, June 2000.)
- Koschmann, T. (2002), buy topamax overnight delivery. Deweyâ€™s contribution to the foundations of CSCL research. Find topamax, Proc. Buy topamax without prescription, Computer Supported Collaborative Learning 2002, Boulder, January 7-11, 2002, pp. 17-22.
- Koschmann, T., topamax pharmacy, Zemel, Generic topamax online, A., Conlee-Stevens, M., buy topamax from us, Young, Topamax prescription, N., Robbs, J. & Barnhart, A. (2005). How do people learn. Members' methods and communicative mediation, buy topamax without prescription. In R. Bromme, F.W. Hesse & H. Spada (2005), op. Buy topamax without prescription, cit. (pp. 265-294.)
- Matusov, E. (1996): Intersubjectivity Without Agreement. Mind, Culture and Activity. 3(1), buy topamax without prescription. 25-45.
- Piaget, J. (1976). The Grasp of Consciousness: Action and Concept in the Young Child. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Buy topamax without prescription, Stahl, G. (2000) Collaborative information environments to support knowledge construction by communities, AI & Society, 14, 71-97
- Wenger, E. (1987). Artificial Intelligence and Tutoring Systems: Computational and Cognitive Approaches to the Communication of Knowledge. Los Altos, Morgan Kaufmann.
Similar posts: Buy inderal without prescription. Buy lamictal without prescription. Buy minocycline without prescription. Buy norvasc without prescription. Buy zantac without prescription. Buy actos without prescription. Buy amaryl without prescription. Buy aricept without prescription. Buy atarax without prescription. Buy bactroban without prescription.
Trackbacks from: Buy topamax without prescription. Clozapine without prescription. Oxitard online without prescription. Ginseng without prescription. Buy flexeril without prescription. Lumigan online without prescription. Buy suprax without prescription. Buy clofazimine online without prescription. Viagra super active+ without prescription. Evista without prescription.
You must be logged in to post a comment.